Wedding Program Templates provide useful information to help your guests follow the proceedings, and they all make nice mementos from your big day. Wedding Program Templates can be as simple as a homemade one-page leaflet or as elaborate as a custom-ordered bound booklet. Arrange them in a basket at the ceremony entrance, or ask a close friend or family member not already a part of the wedding party thand them tguests upon arrival.
Wedding Program Templates typically contain three parts:
- Ceremony Proceedings – The ceremony description serves as a step-by-step guideline of the service, from processional trecessional. Elaborate on any special customs or traditions that will take place, and list any special readings and/or poems.
- The Wedding Party and other VIPs – The last section lists the wedding party and their relation tthe couple (i.e. Mother of the Bride, Best Man, etc.). Don’t forget tinclude your officiant and ceremony musicians in this section.
- Other items you may include in the Wedding Program Templates: a thank-you tboth sets of parents or tall the guests, memorials of deceased loved ones.
What NOT to Include
- A biography of the bride, groom or attendants – programs are not a forum for personal profiles.
- Advertisements for wedding vendors. One word – TACKY.
Trends & Ideas
- Wedding Program Templates provide a great opportunity tcustomize your wedding ceremony and tie in a special theme or design element from your wedding. Here are some fun ideas:
- Center your ceremony program on the color, theme, and/or season of your wedding
- A clever and classy way tkeep your guests informed and cool at the same time during the summertime is thave your Wedding Program Templates made intfans.
- Have them shaped inta heart, flower, or seashell treflect a theme.
- For an outdoor wedding ceremony , find something fun tweigh down the programs on the seats like a beautiful stone or piece of beach glass.
- Place programs in a beach basket at the entry-way of your oceanfront wedding ceremony.
- For a winter wedding, have your program made intan ornament or attach an ornament tthe binding.
- Use warm colors for a fall wedding and feature a colorful leaf pattern in the background.
- Tell the story of how the twof you met or about the proposal, and include pictures from when you were dating.
When introducing your wedding party, describe their role in your relationship, such as being the one whintroduced the twof you or someone whwas supportive while you tried tmaintain a long-distance relationship. Not only is this the perfect opportunity tshare details of the journey that led up until your special day, but it allows your guests tfeel more connected with you and the other guests.
Create a Wedding Program Templates for the reception as well! Here you can outline the father-daughter dance, special toasts or meal details, and your guests will feel more included throughout the entire event.